Powerex, Vancouver, BC
Quality Assurance Analyst (Co-op)
September, 2017 – April, 2018
- Developed a feature for a desktop application which syncs three databases using .NET framework and including DevExpress components.
- Developed VBA modules for MS Excel 2010 for reconciliation purposes and to send updates from the shared workbook to the user via email.
- Organized the work site visits for the instructor at workplace to for assessment of my performance at workplace which resulted
- Tracked the issues reported by users, reproduced them and assisted the developers to know the root cause using grey box testing.
- Regularly created new test cases for new features and maintained the test case management system to ensure the high quality of product.
- Automated test cases using Ranorex Studio and C# to increase the efficiency of testing the applications while regression.
- Performed the functional testing of applications on daily basis to identify the bugs and logged them and created bug reports which helped to improve the functionality, performance and design of the application.
- Updated the developers and business analysts about the results of testing including detailed steps to reproduce a bug.
- Tested the applications manually using various tools like Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio Test Manager to maintain the log for results and progress of testing.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings and sprint planning meetings to keep the team organized and maintain the workload while making continuous progress towards the goals as per their priority.
Langara College, Vancouver, BC
January, 2017 – August, 2017
- Interviewed the department chairs to collect information about careers in their respective programs and compiled and presented that information to students during Co-op and Career week.
- Ran the promotional campaign on-campus and assisted on social media campaign for the Co-op and Career Week 2017 while working in a dedicated team.
- Created awareness among students and faculty about online C3 Job board of the college and career workshops.
Real Canadian Superstore, Vancouver, BC
May, 2016 – September, 2017
- Ranked 4th among 50+ cashiers to sell tokens to raise money for President’s Choice Children’s charity.
- Successful completion of all the transactions with high accuracy rate in a fast pace work environment.
- Excellent Customer Service as per company standards while providing information about deals and loyalty programs to the customers.
Shell, Surrey, BC
October, 2015 – April, 2016
- Accelerated sale of car wash passes which increased company’s monthly sale of car washes.
- Ensured safety of cash register by keeping minimum amount of cash and still able to complete all sales transactions successfully.
- Efficiently worked at locations in busiest areas doing multiple tasks, providing excellent customer service, stocking shelves and coolers in store according to standard planograms and maintaining gasoline pumps outside.
- Effectively communicated in multi languages (English, Punjabi and Hindi) to make sales transactions clearly understood to the customers.